Protecting an ancient legacy of cacao.
Sweet Fruit and a Slice of Spice
About the farmOff the beaten path in the Sierra Madres mountain range, a wild cacao hybrid has been growing uninterrupted for over 4,000 years. Here, indigenous farmers pay careful attention to cultivate these unique trees just like their ancestors before them, which means planting cacao among the local chile varietals, breadnut trees, and spices.
About the PartnershipAlongside Original Beans, we support three indigenous communities in preserving tree genetics via ongoing research, community nurseries, and agroforestry design. These partnerships with farmers have also established agreements to safeguard over 1,200 hectares of rainforest, ensuring this ancient cacao’s legacy remains protected.
Try a SampleYou can order a 1 kg sample of this product. If you like the sample and want to order, please complete the form below.
- Genetics: Acriolado
- Size: Varied Size, Large Beans // 100 g for 98 beans
- Fermentation: Centralized Fermentation, Wooden Boxes // 5 - 6 days
- Drying: Tabebuia Wooden Boxes, Elevated Solar Drying Tunnels
- Floral: ●○○○
- Fruit: ●●●●
- Nut: ●○○○
- Chocolate: ●●○○
- Acidity: ●●○○
- Hand Sort: No
- Bag Size: 65 kg
- Certifications: Organic
- FOB Price: $5,750 USD / MT
- Availability: Europe
- Harvest Season: December - March, July - October
- Annual Harvest Volume: 15 MT (Annually)